Why Join FutureProof?
Physical shopping hasn't changed since 1974's introduction of the barcode. We're the team that's reinventing that to make shopping easier, from high end luxury to every day necessities, and there's never been a more exciting time to join.
Full-stack Ember.js + Rails developer
Our Engineering team is in need of a full-time developer with experience building out Ember.js applications and Rails APIs. As a member of our team, you would have the opportunity to work on any number of the following:
- Mobile Checkout (our shopper-facing iOS / Android app built with Ember.js and Cordova)
- FutureProof Platform Apps (a suite of merchant/retailer-facing applications, built in Ember.js)
- Rails APIs for the various apps (including some JSON API)
- Improving tooling and infrastructure for managing merchants and locations
- Integrations with proprietary payment / inventory systems
- Firmware for our on-site IoT hardware
Relevant skill sets:
- (required) Strong Rails experience
- (required) Strong Ember.js experience
- (required) Experience writing and maintaining automated tests
- Experience with cloud-based hosting, particularly Heroku
- Experience building hybrid mobile apps (WebView apps, e.g. Cordova)
- (nice-to-have) Experience building retail/e-commerce applications
- (nice-to-have) Experience building WebSocket-heavy, push-centric applications
Our office is located in New York, NY. We would prefer a local hire but are open to remote work as well.
Please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in working with a talented, hard-working, and friendly team of developers and innovators.